Pluot & Poppy Yogurt Bowl Recipe

Pluot & Poppy Yogurt Bowl Recipe


Before the pluots are gone for the year, I thought I'd sneak this in. I was saying to a friend the other day - when pluots are good, few fruits are better. I'm thinking of a crimson-fleshed Dapple Dandy I had last year - dripping ripe with punchy juice, refreshing, taut-skinned. It set the bar in my mind. And the pluots have been good lately, so they've been around the kitchen. And I do different things with them, like this impromptu breakfast bowl. While arguably unconventional, it is one of my favorite uses to date. Greek yogurt with a bit of chopped dill incorporated, topped with sliced pluots, toasted oats, poppy seeds, and honey. If the dill sounds like too much for you, feel free to skip it, but I love the way it plays off the oats, and the honey sweetness of the fruit.
Pluot and Poppy Yogurt BowlPluot and Poppy Yogurt Bowl
Here's another idea - I've been thinking of making a pluot punch of sorts - give a shout if you have a favorite punch base you think would work or be a good starting point. I suspect some of you might have a leg up on me in the boozy punch department. And in the meantime, I'll dust off the crystal bowl. 

Pluot & Poppy Yogurt Bowl
1 tablespoons chopped dill
pinch of sea salt
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 thinly sliced pluot
3 tablespoons toasted rolled oats
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
a thick drizzle of honey
Stir the dill and a pinch of salt into the yogurt, then top with pluot slices, oats, poppy seeds, and honey.
Serves 1-2. Although, you can certainly double or triple the amounts for a bunch-sized/family-sized bowl.
Prep time: 5 min

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden Gazpacho

Thai Corn Soup

Fudgy Cream Cheese Brownies